Medicines, Diet and Exercise

For a few months after being diagnosed, I started taking Glyburide. The doctor started me off on a 10 mg dose. On the first day I had my first low sugar moment. It was horrible. It seemed like my body was being drained of all the energy. There was a tingling all over and a weird shaking starts taking over. I hated that feeling. Problem with Glyburide was that I had to keep myself under a very strict guideline. I tried to go to a lower dose of the GLyburide, but that still led to issues.
One day I decided that I am going to keep the control using just diet and exercise. I have bee doing that for about 3 months now. It seems to be working. I have to get on the treadmill atleast 5 times a week. Have to be pretty much in control of my diet. Luckily for me, eating the same thing over and over again is not a problem. What I mean is that I eat the same thing for breakfast each day. It does not bother me. Infact I enjoy the consistency.
The interesting thing about eating the same thing at the same time is that you can watch your sugars get impacted by other event that occur. For e.g., if I get off my regular exercise schedule, I can see the numbers start creeping up. It takes about a week of no exercise to see the numbers start going up. And it takes atleast another 3 weeks of exercise to get the numbers back down.
So for now I am sticking to a diet and exercise routine. Not sure how I will fare in this holiday season. It will be my first post diabetes. For me the holidays start even before Halloween as Indians start to celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights.

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes