A new baby is here

This has been a very hectic week. We just had a new baby. Between all the feedings and cleanings the sugar control has gone a little haywire. I am trying my best to keep things on track, but lack of sleep is a terrible annoyance.
Other weird thing is how to track your sugar by time. I used to keep track of the sugar numbers two hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then a early morning fasting sugar.
Now the schedule is all messed up. When you are really not sleeping, when do you decide that it is a fasting sugar? If the first meal you eat is at 12:00 in the afternoon, is that considered Breakfast?
To celebrate the baby, there are sweets and candies and other stuff around the house. It is harder to resist trying to nibble at one of them. I am trying my best. Trying to keep it out of sight so that things do not get overwhelmed.
I would like to see how my A1C's come out in Jan.
The good thing about the baby is the inner peace that I get when I hold him up and close to my heart. I am sure this relaxation helps a lot more than any of the odd things about the lack of sleep. Now I need to try to get back on the couch to get some rest. ZZZZzzzzzzzz.z.z.z.z.z.z....

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes