Rewarding oneself - with food?

Last week I got excited that I had managed to have a great week with sugars in control. I wanted to reward myself. But when I thought of how, I ended up thinking about eating something I really really like or missed since now I watch what I eat. A few more minutes and I could see how weird this whole things was. You reward yourself for eating good, by eating bad...hmmm

This is a real thinker issue. What do I do now? All my life I have rewarded myself with some sort of food. I am sure it was something that started really early in childhood. Either it was something I created or something my parents inadvertently created in me. But for the last few decades that is what has been ticking my bones.

Now, the great D is making me rethink the whole paradigm of rewards. My existing reward system has to be dismantled. What should I replace it with. Maybe I reward myself with a new exercise tool, nah, have too many of those already. Maybe a new electronic gadget. Unfortunately that can be a pretty expensive reward and not something you can do more often.

Another ringer in this whole process is children. Now I have two of my own. How do I make sure that their reward system does not involve eating a large bowl of ice cream. This one is going to give me some headaches. I need to figure out a system that I like and hopefully also impart it to my kids.

So much for being rewarded.....

Comments

NewsBlogger said…
Hello, I like to contact you! My name is Anil,
By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes symptom I have found your site.
I was looking out for diabetes symptom related information. Sorry, I have see that your Rewarding oneself - with food? isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

Popular posts from this blog

Nyquil got to my diabetes

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Recycle blood glucose monitors