Can you get rid for Diabetes Type 2

Last week I saw an article on the Diabetes Blog by Kristi -
five-personal-accounts-of-reversing-type-2-diabetes

Made me start thinking about whether there is a real cure for diabetes right now. The Type 1 folks do not really have any recourse right now. The Islet impantation seems to really promising.

For the type 2 folks, seems like there is a lot of information out there. Most cases it seems like folks say that you can get rid of this disease if you loose enough weight. My feeling is that loosing the weight probably makes it better, but you can never ever get rid of the problem. Once you have diabetes, you have it for the rest of your life. You can change your lifestyle and keep it in control, but you can never get to the point where you can eat that large piece if cake and not have the sugar spike like crazy.

The more I think, the more I realize that I do not want to be eating like I used to before I found out that I was a type 2 diabetic. Now that I know more, I would rather eat and live life the way I do now. It is more healthy and more enjoyable than before. There are days when you want to be able to walk into an ice cream shop and have a banana split, but some thought control and a small tasting brings you back.

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes