My fellow diabetics, watch your nerves !!!

It is starting to cool down in Seattle. I guess Summer is already nearing its end. Along with the cold in the night, I start to get numb fingers. It is quite annoying. I hate the feeling of waking up in the middle of the night and finding numb fingers or sometimes the whole hand. I tell myself to shove them in a blanket or under a pillow to warm them up, but in the back of my mind I am always thinking, is this the start of nerve damage that I hear about from all other diabetics?

It is a major stress in the back of the mind that I keep bottled up. After having discovered eye damage last year, I am always just a little scared of when and where the nerve damage is going to strike me. Irrational fear, but that is what it is.

My favorite, I guess I can call it that, site to read up on this is the http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/ site.

If you can fully trust the governments word, which I sometimes do with a grain of salt, you can read up this information. I am always worried about reading things on the internet.

So all my fellow diabetics, keep your nerves. Control your sugars, exercise and no smoking !!!!

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes