What about - Eat, Drink and Be Merry !!!

I hear that once in a while from folks who think it is cute to use a cliche. I myself an guilty of using a lot of them :-)

So what do Diabetics do with a cliche about food -
1) Eat, in moderation. Avoid carbs unless you are on a sulfonylureas(like glyburide) or Insulin. Eat more protein, it will keep you full for longer. Eat lots of vegetables to fill you up. Eat after atleast a 2.5 hours break between meals, longer if possible.

2) Drink, in moderation again. Or like me, give it up all together. Drink without food can send a diabetic into hypoglycemia. And in general with the propensity to depression, diabetics should avoid downers.

3) Be Merry, definitely. I try to be. It is easy when the sugars are in control and life is relaxed. Much harder when the sugars are out of control.

So my advice to other diabetics is to try to -
EAT, DRINK and BE MERRY

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes