In servitude of my diabetes

I feel like most of the time I am a servant of the disease. Diabetes has taken over my life and now I am serving the disease.

Can you imagine an entity like the disease who decides to rule over the people it has control on.

I cannot think and do anything that is not approved by the disease.
I pay homage to it by thinking about it more than anything else in my life.
I obsess about how to manage my relationship with it.
I am glad when I happen to have a low sugar, thanking the disease for a temporary break.
When I break the rules, I get punished by high sugars.
There is always the specter of other complications like blindness and amputation on my head.

So I pay homage to the disease and ask that I may be spared once in a while so I can have a more normal life.

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes