New screening services now popping up

One of the things that I regret is not having been on top of my regular yearly tests. If I would have been doing those, then I think I could have caught my diabetes in the pre-diabetes stage and controlled it. At least I like to think that I could have controlled it.

Now I see new businesses come up to screen for specific diseases. Not a bad idea. So if you think it is hard to get tested for the whole thing with your doctor, you can get yourself screened regularly by one of these places. I found this one -
LifeLineScreening
Interestingly some of the places that pop up near my zip code are a fitness club and lots of churches. At a cursory glance this might seem weird, but I think it is perfect. Fitness clubs are a great place for this service. Folks going there are health conscious or trying to be and this can be a great addition.

Churches, Temples, Mosques are another great place as folks are receptive to the idea of keeping up their health. Maybe the religious organizations can work with its members and offer a free checking weekend every quarter thus helping folks.

This sure seems like a good thing for folks struggling with chronic diseases.

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes