My experiments with high sugars

It was not by choice that I did these experiments. Lots of things were happening in my life which led to a multitude of issues. I was gaining weight, I could not exercise, my stress level was up, minor depression was setting in. I figured we are going in, might as well treat it as an experience. So I started watching for changes as my average sugars started shooting up. It was not uncommon to see 200's two hours after meals.

First, my feet start to hurt. I had a weird pain in the balls of my feet. They were constantly hurting. It was as if someone put a needle in there all hight long. The pain would be worst in the morning after waking up and also after any period of rest.

Second, I start to get blurriness in my vision. There seems to be nothing wrong with my glasses. The vision deteriorates as the day goes by. Seeing in the night gets to be a strain on the eye, especially when I am driving.

Third, I started to get more depressed. Where a couple of weeks ago a 200 on the meter would make me sweat and I would go do some strenuous work and burn it off and eat better for the next two days, now I start to accept it as fate.

Fourth, I get very testy. My fuse gets shorter. I start to yell and scream a lot more.

I am not sure my life in the land of high sugars is over yet. I have gained more than 6 lbs in the last month. It is depressing. I am almost ready to start some medication. Life sometimes is not fair, but I already knew that...

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes