What medications do I use

This question came up in the comments in the last post that I did.
Right now, I am not taking any medication. It is hard but I am trying to control my sugars just using diet and exercise. In this whole process I am finding that it is much easier to keep the numbers in check for the day, but the morning sugars are the hardest to get a handle on.
Lately my target for the morning sugars is to have it under 120 and the sugars two hours after breakfast/lunch and dinner is to be under 150. So the numbers after the food are doing great. The one in the morning is going 50/50. Half the days I am over and half the days I am under. Still not able to figure out what exactly can I change to control this.
To get better morning numbers, the doc has advised me to take metfornin. I have filled the prescription, but have not taken a tablet as yet. Something in me makes it hard to take the tablet. I think I was scared of the low sugar conditions that I hit when I was on Glyburide for a month earlier in the disease. The doc tells me that metfornin should not cause low sugars, but I fear it still.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been on Metformin for 8 months and have never had a hypo.I understand it is rare, if it happens at all, on this medication.
It really made a difference to my morning numbers, which were up to 20 when I started out. Now average between 4-6 most days...and I feel much better.
Anonymous said…
I am on metformin for 2 months now, Metformin is not a strong drug and I haven't experience hypo as well. Bear in mind control blood sugar level is number 1 priority, although we all want to get rid of medication.. visit me at bike4life.wordpress.com
Megan said…
Sorry, I have never been on any meds besides insulin for diabetes, but good luck finding one that works!

Popular posts from this blog

Nyquil got to my diabetes

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Recycle blood glucose monitors