Diabetes and Stress : Playing Ping Pong with you

I used to love playing ping pong as I was growing up. I loved a rally where the ball was bounding between the two sides for a long rally.

These days I see myself being the little ball that is being bounced around between a stressed out life and a relaxed one. I can see my diabetes as the table and my life as the ball. I keep getting pushed from the life being stressed emotionally not able to control myself, depressed, in the dark, manipulating, fighting all on one side. And the other side is a nice happy person who can take anything that comes his way and is confident and reliable.

The amount of sugar in my bloodstream sure messes up the way I respond to emotions. I recently learnt that feelings are just our ways to adjust to needs that are not fulfilled. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. But it just is so hard to remember it when your brain and body are in a high sugar moment :-)

So my dear readers, what do you do when your sugars have their highs and your emotions start to play their ping pong with you ?

Comments

Popular

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Nyquil got to my diabetes