Handling a whole weekend without diabetes test strips

I can say that I love testing my sugars !!
I test it four times a day and then record each data into my site FightType2.com.

Last weekend I finished my strips and asked for a refill, but the pharmacy needed to call my doctor who did not respond in time, so I found myself without any test strips for a whole weekend. I was nervous as hell. I know that if I am not testing then I am not watching what I am consuming. I survived, but did learn some things about myself.
Here is a summary -
- If I am not testing, my diet restrictions get relaxed. This is a spiraling relaxation, i.e. it keeps relaxing more and more as days go by.
- My mind keeps reminding me to exercise. But not watching the sugars means that I am more willing to make excuses to not exercise to myself.
- No strips, less control, does not mean less stress. Each night before going to sleep, I would always stress on whether I am doing good.
- I missed testing my fasting sugars the most. In my head I want this number to be the most in control. Why, I do not know.

I got my strips in yesterday, finally. Checked my sugar after lunch, I was at 131.

Whoo hoo!!! still doing good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyquil got to my diabetes

Fenugreek seeds helping keep sugars in check

Long term impact of eating Paneer